In the Polling station
The voter who votes at an ordinary polling station will be processed according to the following steps:
- Voter enters polling station.
- Voter presents ID and polling officer checks that voter is on voters roll for that ward.
- Polling officer issues ballot papers.
- Polling officer marks finger with ink.
- Voter goes to ballot booth where he or she marks ballots.
- Voter deposits ballots in respective ballot boxes.
- Voter exits polling station.
The diagram below illustrates the basic layout of the polling station and the arrows show how the voter proceeds through the different stages.