In The Polling Station
The voter who votes at an ordinary polling station will be processed according to the following steps:
1. Voter enters polling station.
2. Voter presents ID and polling officer checks that voter is on voters roll for that ward.
3. Polling officer issues ballot papers.
4. Polling officer marks finger with ink.
5. Voter goes to ballot booth where he or she marks ballots.
6. Voter deposits ballots in respective ballot boxes.
7. Voter exits polling station.
The diagram below illustrates the basic layout of the polling station and the arrows show how the voter proceeds through the different stages.